General English,Business English,Creative/Dramatic English,English Phonetics
|Job Type||Part time job only|
|Location||North Point/Braemar Hill|
Hi there, I'm Chuck. I was born in Hong Kong and raised in Canada for over 25 years. I am fluent in English (Canadian Accent) and in Cantonese. I recently moved back to Hong Kong on an Expat assignment to help my company manage their Asia-Pacific Operations.
In my spare time (weeknights, and weekends), I enjoy keeping myself busy by tutoring Primary & High School Students in English and Mathematics (been tutoring for approximately +3 years now). I am a strong believer that written English (ie: Grammar, Spelling, etc...) can all be learned independently through hours of studying via academics books; however oral English (ie: Presentations, Interpersonal Skills, etc...) must be practiced regularly in a social environment to be fully mastered. When I teach my students, I try to create several different social settings for them to be fully engaged in and be able to practice comfortably in. Having worked in the corporate world most of my life (mid-management roles), I am cognizant of what soft skills are needed to be successful in the workplace. I leverage this knowledge for my student's learning benefit, and try to provide the tools they need to prepare for the business environment they will soon be facing.
- Honors Bachelors in Business & Communication (Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Canada)
- CPA Designation (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, Toronto, Canada)
- TEFL Certification (University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada)
Professional Work Experience
- Regional Finance Manager, Asia-Pacific Operations, Hong
Kong // *** Co Inc. (2013 - Present)
- Sales Finance Lead, National Sales Finance, Canada // The Coca-Cola Company (2010 - 2013)
- Operations Planning & Coordination Manager, Canada // Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (2007-2010)